Friday, June 6, 2014

Sushi Dragon - Port Coquitlam

**Sushi Dragon is closed.  Space now occupied by a donair shop.**

This is a new restaurant on Westwood, occupying a space formerly held by a defunct donair shop.  I would have prefered a left over donair, lost behind a seat some three months back when the donair shop packed up and left.

This was horrible.  I had the box C, and my friend had the box A.  The difference?  I had 6 pieces of zombie sashimi meat, or so it appeared, while everything else was the same.  Started with complimentary edamame.  It was flabby and underseasoned.  Followed with "tempura tuna", also complimentary...  Here is where I got suspicious.  Who gives tuna away?  Unless it is old and can't be used for something else?  The batter was wallpaper paste thick, and this gut bomb is still giving me issues 11 hours later.  Ugh...  Next was the teriyaki portion of our meal, mine was beef, his was chicken.  My beef looked like someone ran a chuck steak through a meat grinder, then soused it with teriyaki sauce.  It was disgusting, my dog eats better food than this.

The miso soup was crap, hot water with slivers of tofu and a spoonful of miso.  No onion, no wakame, nothing.  I found no reason to finish it. The California roll was average, which is sad, as the average California roll sucks balls.  There were also two gyoza, which were palateable.

The salad was large but boring and premade.  The sashimi was a strange colour and tasted extra dense.  Speaking of extra dense, I ate all the fish.  I am insane.

Consider yourself lucky, no pictures of the train wreck, but we do have a shot of the restaurant.  Note the remnants of the "Donair Stop" sign above the Sushi Dragon sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment